Drain Cleaning Services in Indiana
Have you noticed performance problems with your AC unit? If so, a clogged drain may be the culprit. Keeping your AC drain line clear is vital to ensuring that your unit runs in an energy-efficient manner and helps to prevent future problems.
Drain Cleaning – Why is it Necessary?
If you’ve examined your AC unit yourself, you’ll notice that there is a condensate drain line connected to every unit. This drain line helps to remove condensation produced by your AC’s evaporator coil. If this drain line is left alone for too long, mold and mildew can begin to grow on the inside and clog the drain. These clogs result in increased humidity within your home, and you may even start smelling foul odors.
Drain Cleaning Service
During a drain cleaning service, technicians will first examine the drain line to determine the extent of the clogs and if mold has begun to grow inside. They will then use a high-pressure stream of water to clean out the drains and flush out any unwanted build-up.
Emergency Drain Cleaning Services
Unfortunately, most homeowners don’t realize that they need drain cleaning services until it’s too late. If you notice that your AC unit’s drain pan has begun to overflow, this means that a drain cleaning is long overdue.
Jake’s Heating, Air, and Plumbing is available on standby for drain cleaning no matter the time. Our highly trained technicians can help diagnose and treat the problem so you can go back to enjoying your AC at full blast.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Our advice is free!
We're Here to Help
Should I have my furnace and air conditioner serviced every year?
What is a Hybrid Heat Dual Fuel system?
What is a Heat Pump?
How can I reduce my energy costs for heating?
- Upgrade to a high-efficiency furnace — New high-efficiency furnaces use up to 50% less fuel than an older system. It can save you up to 25 percent of your home-heating costs in one year, and within a few years, you’ll have recovered the initial cost of replacing/upgrading your furnace. Choosing a model with an energy efficient motor can save 20 to 50 percent of the energy needed to continuously operate a fan motor. Let us show you the advantages of replacing your old furnace today.
- Have an annual maintenance performed — Having an annual maintenance performed on your furnace by a licensed technician will help ensure it operates at its peak efficiency and catches any potential breakdowns before they occur.
- Install a programmable thermostat — A programmable thermostat enables you to control your home’s temperature when you’re away or asleep. For every 1° you lower your thermostat for seven hours per day, you save one percent on your heating bill.
- Don’t block vents in well-used rooms — Keep your supply and return air vents free of objects like blinds, carpets or furniture so your furnace can operate efficiently and there is even heat distribution.
- Install ceiling fans — Change the direction of airflow on your ceiling fans. In the winter, the blades should operate in a clockwise direction helping to push the warm air from the ceiling down into the room.